- Follow My Tokyo Guide on WordPress.com
- 44,429 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Top Ten Tokyo Views:
- Top 10 Places to View Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo:
- Japan's Traditional Style Yakatabune Dinner Cruise
- 2014 Cherry Blossom Forecast and Tours
- Great Video on Sightseeing in Japan!
- Tokyo Cherry Blossom River Cruise
- Climbing Mt. Fuji " A Complete Guidebook"
- Best Water Theme Parks Around Tokyo:
- 10 Reasons to Visit Japan This Summer!
- Top 10 Sites to View Cherry Blossom in Tokyo!
- March 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (1)
- November 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (3)
- June 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (3)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (4)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (5)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (2)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (5)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (19)
- February 2011 (5)
- Great Video on Sightseeing in Japan! nblo.gs/UwtaR 3 days ago
- Excellent Video on Japan wp.me/p1lrgO-iA 3 days ago
- 2014 Cherry Blossom Forecast and Tours nblo.gs/TnbFi 1 month ago
- 2014 Cherry Blossom Forecast and Tours wp.me/p1lrgO-iy 1 month ago
- 2014 – Naeba Ski Packages nblo.gs/T2ffB 1 month ago
- 2014 - Naeba Ski Packages wp.me/p1lrgO-il 1 month ago
- Nagano Snow Monkeys: Slide Show: Monkeys huddle to stay warm in cold: yhoo.it/Loz9dy 1 month ago
- 2014 Snow Monkey Tours are here! (1 or 2 Days) nblo.gs/SqYKp 2 months ago
- Announcement from YMO Hospitality Japan: lnkd.in/bf8HzhR 2 months ago
- Climbing Mt. Fuji " A Complete Guidebook" now available on Amazon. wp.me/P1lrgO-hn 2 months ago
Cloud Tags10 Reasons to Visit Japan Best Cherry Blossom Views Cherry Blossom Cherry Blossom Forecast Cherry Blossom Tours Climbing Mt. Fuji Flights to Japan Resume Fukushima Geisha Golden week Hakone Help Japan Hiking in Japan Hiking Mt. Fuji Hiroshima Hiroshima Cycle Tours Hokkaido Hokkaido Flight Packages Hokkaido Flower Tours Japan Japan Autumn Tours Japan Cherry Blossom Tours Japan Culture Japan Earthquake Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Update Japanese Dinner Japanese Food Japan Hot Springs Japan Recovery Japan refuge Japans Future Japan Ski Packages Japan Summer Japan Tsunami aid and relief Jindaiji Shrine JR Ski Packages Kusatsu Onsen Kyoto Mount Fuji Mount Fuji Climbing Mt Mt. Fuji Mt. Fuji Climbing Mt. Fuji climbing routes Mt. Fuji Climbing Tips Mt. Fuji Climbing Tours Mt. Fuji Tours Mt. Fuji Viewing Naeba Ski Packages Nagano Nagano Ski Packages Nagano Snow Monkeys Nagano Tours Niigata Ski Packages Onsen Tours Sakura Sakura Season Sapporo Sendai Pictures Shimanami Kaido Cycle Tours Snow Monkey Tour Sumo Westling Tokyo Tokyo Bay Cruise Tokyo Bay Dinner Cruise Tokyo Cherry Blossom Tokyo Disneyland Tokyo Disney Sea Tokyo Images Tokyo Sightseeing Tokyo Water Tokyo Water Parks Tsukiji Fish Market Visit Japan Yakatabune
The cherry blossom (sakura) is Japan’s unofficial national flower. Since olden times, cherry blossoms have captivated the hearts of the Japanese people. Visiting Japan during the cherry blossom season is a unforgettable experience. In the spring there is an explosion of color and festivities with the arrival of the cherry blossoms. The annual cherry blossom display is guaranteed to dazzle your senses. The traditional custom of “Hanami” – Cherry Blossom Viewing is to visit mountains and parks with cherry blossoms and hold sake-drinking parties under the cherry trees in full blossom.
Normally blooming begins in January in Okinawa, and somei yoshino cherry blossoms reach their peak in late March to April in Honshu region. In Hokkaido, cherry blossoms are in full blooms in May. However, it’s really difficult to predict cherry blossom opening dates in advance, and planning a trip at the right time is tough. Due to mild temperatures, the blossoms are forecast to open several days ahead of their average year’s schedule in most areas of Japan. There are hundreds of places to view cherry blossoms thru out Japan. March and April departures provide the once in a lifetime chance to see this natural wonder.
Cherry blossom blooming dates in major cities Forecasts by three major organisations There are three major organizations that forecast Sakura blooming dates. The best viewing time is about one week after the dates below. Note that the blooming time for kawazu sakura is not counted in the forecast.
|Japan Weather Association||Weather Map Co.||Weather News Inc.|
|Date of forecast||1st Feb||1st Feb||1st Feb|
|Tokyo||24th Mar||20th Mar||24th Mar|
|Nagoya||20th Mar||20th Mar||20th Mar|
|Kyoto||24th Mar||24th Mar||24th Mar|
|Osaka||25th Mar||25th Mar||24th Mar|
|Fukuoka||20th Mar||20th Mar||23rd Mar|
|Sapporo||1st May||1st May||3rd May|
Cherry Blossom Private Viewing Tours:
* Feast your eyes on beautiful cherry trees colonnade and enjoy Japanese sweets.
* Tours include: Private transportation, Private English Speaking Tour Guide and all entrance fees.
* For lunch your local guide will recommend a local restaurant depending on your interests.
** For a list of the top 10 Best places to view Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo please see our Blog:
Cherry Blossom Group Viewing Tours:
Mt Fuji, Cherry Blossom Tour with, All-you-can-eat Beef
& Pork Shabushabu Hot Pot
1 Day Tour Feb-Mar
Mt. Fuji Cherry Blossom tour with Strawberrie picking,
Suruga Bay Cruise, Pick-your-own Strawberries
1 Day Tour
Mt Fuji and Cherry Blossoms, Castle
Illuminations and Cherry Blossoms
1 Day Tour
Tokyo 7 Great Cherry Blossom Spots &
Sumida River Cherry Blossom Cruise
Cherry Blossoms in Kamakura Temples & Shrines,
Yokohama Sankeien Night Views & 3-Storey Tower
Mt Fuji Views, Sakura Cherry Blossoms,
Suruga Bay Boat Trip, All-you-can-eat Sushi
1 Day Tour
Nagano-Niigata 5 Great Cherry Blossom Spots,
Pick-your-own Strawberries, Buffet Dinner
2 Days Tour
From Mar- Apri
Handy & Affordable Kyoto 4-Day :
Sakura Cherry Blossoms, Temples, Shrines…
4 Days Tour
For more information, or to start customizing your own cherry blossom tour, please contact us.
For easy assess to the Ski hills it doesn’t get any better than Naeba Ski Resort in Niigata.
The entire Mountain is located right in front of the Naeba Prince Hotel.
Niigata is famous as one of the major resorts in Japan. You can enjoy a vast ski area on the scale of European resorts only 90 minutes from Tokyo by Bullet train. Naeba alone is Japan’s largest single ski resort and provides more than enough for a day’s adventure in the snow. skiers can now ride the world’s longest gondola, called the “Dragondola”, 5.5km from the slopes of Naeba directly to the Tashiro area.
Niigata 2 ~ 3 Day Ski Packages from Tokyo
|Dates: Dec 22th ~ Mar 16th||Transportation/ Description||Hotel/Meals|
|Day 1 (Travel to Niigata)||Tokyo to Niigata (Bullet Train) Ski at leisure||Hotel|
|Day 2 (Ski/Snowboard)||Enjoy Full Day Skiing or Snowboarding||Breakfast/Hotel|
|Day 3 (Travel to Tokyo)||Ski at Leisure: Niigata to Tokyo (Bullet Train)||Breakfast|
Niigata Ski Plan include the following:
- Return JR Bullet Train Transportation from Tokyo
- 1 or 2 Nights Accommodation (with Breakfast)
- Day Lift Tickets valid for as long as you are at the ski hill
- 1 Ski Lockers per room available
- Extending the duration of stay is also possible
- Naeba Prince Hotel: (Building # 6 or 4 or 2): Dinner/Breakfast
- NASPA NEW OTANI: Dinner/Breakfast/Onsen
- SHOSENKAKU KAGETSU: Dinner/Breakfast/Onsen
- HOTEL FUTABA: Dinner/Breakfast/Onsen
- Hotel Spora Yuzawa: Dinner/Breakfast/Onsen
- Children Price ages 6 to 11:
- Minimun 2 Persons required:
- Price will depend on date, hotel and package options: (Lift tickets/Ski Rentals)
Please contact us for more information.
Enjoy an exquisite 1 or 2 Day Snow Monkey Tour from Tokyo to view the wild Snow Monkeys soaking in the natural hot springs near the snowy Nagano mountains.
Take an exciting adventure to Nagano to watch the world-famous “snow monkeys″ relaxing and soaking in the natural hot springs of the Jigokudai Yaen-koen near the snowy Nagano mountains.
Visit Zenko-ji Temple: Zenko-ji is a sacred place that is worshipped for over 1400 years. It enshrines one of the oldest Buddha statues and the main hall is designated a national treasure. It does not belong to any Buddhist sects but has been believed to bring happiness to everyone both in this world and the after world. Enjoy Japanese Style dinner consisted of various kinds of fresh seafood including tuna, salmons, prawns etc.
Enjoy relaxing in an open-air bath in the snowing surroundings.
Day 1: Tokyo Dep:
- Japanese style Lunch
- Visit Yudanaka Onsen Village
- Enjoy open Air Hot Spring
- Japanese Style Dinner/Stay Onsen Resort Hotel
Day 2: Nagano Dep:
- Breakfast/Yudanaka Shibu Onsen Village
- Jigokudani Yaen-koen (Watch wild monkeys soaking in Onsen hot springs)
- Japanese Style lunch/Zenkoji Temple
- Return to Tokyo
* Minimum of 2 Participants required:
* Operated on selected dates only: (Dates from Jan to April)
For more information on Snow Monkey Tours please Contact Us:
With some of the most reliable snow any-where, Japan may be the Skiing World’s best-kept secret – the perfect place to combine some world-class skiing with an exotic vacation.Japan offers stunning mountains vistas, kilometres of perfectly groomed runs at all levels of difficulty, along with gnarly mogul runs, snowboard parks, friendly locals and great food.
Japan’s best ski resorts are found in the Japan Alps regions of Central Honshu (Nagano & Niigata Prefecture) and on the northern island of Hokkaido. The former lays claim to the highest mountains, while the latter has the deepest and most regular snow. Both regions offer first-class skiing. If you’re interested in doing some sightseeing in cities, like Kyoto, Nara and Tokyo in addition to your skiing, you might consider hitting the resorts in the Japan Alps.
The 2013-2014 Ski Season is here, and we are pleased to offer various 1-3 days Ski Packages from Tokyo, both Bullet Train (Shinkansen) or Flight Packages are available.
- Niigata (Gala Yuzawa ) 1 ~ 4 Day Ski Packages (Including Return Bullet Train Tickets)
- Nagano (Hakuba) 2-5 Days Ski Packages (Including round Bullet Train Tickets)
- Karuizawa Ski Resort 1~ 4 Day Ski Packages (Including Return Bullet Train Tickets)
- Naeba Ski Resort 2 Day Ski Packages (Including Return Bullet Train Tickets)
For more information on Japan Ski Packages please click here.
The most common and accepted way to climb to the summit of Mt. Fuji is to take the Fuji Subaru toll-road up to the Kawaguchi 5th station and from here hike along the Yoshida route to the top of Mt. Fuji, however there are many more ways to climb Mt. Fuji. In fact beside the Yoshida main route there are 3 other routes to get from one of the 5th stations to the summit. The Subashiri Route, Gotemba Route and the Fujinomiya Route.